Saturday, November 8, 2014

Rosemary, Asiago and Grapes (oh my!)


Well hello fellow Filophiles! 

It has been a minute, hasn't it?! . . . or try a year and a half! So I thought it was high time I tried out a new recipe (and a friend's birthday beach potluck is a good excuse to experiment with built-in Guinea pigs!).

I'm pretty happy with this one, though I'm definitely going to change the construction, as I would like the grapes to be more fully integrated into the appetizer, rather than looking like a garnish.

So, without further ado...here's what you'll need.

- Asiago Cheese with Rosemary & Olive Oil*
- Filo dough
- Red grapes
- Butter

*You can find this at Trader Joe's. If you are unlucky enough not to live near a TJ's then I suggest using regular Asiago, grinding up some dried rosemary or chopping some fresh rosemary and mixing it with your grated cheese. You could also use an olive oil/butter mix to brush the filo dough.






As you can see from the picture, I rolled the grated Asiago into little cigarillos like I did with my goat cheese recipe. However, I think in future I'd like to make little grape sized cups with the melted crispy cheese in the bottom. That way I can put half a grape in it after the baking process, providing one lovely mouthful rather than this clumsy two-part appetizer! . . . but hey, it's a work in progress, so we'll see what the birthday attendees think of it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment