Sunday, September 30, 2012

What now?


Having recently graduated and joined the ranks of the 47%, I found myself needing something to keep me from going to pieces while I continue to throw my resume down black holes, otherwise known as job applications. I found a temporary sanity-maintaining solution for the month of September, in the harvesting, steaming and canning of all the juice from my parents two grape vines.

However, as October looms nearer and no job has yet appeared on the horizon, I find myself, once again, at loose ends... As a jack of all creative trades (and Master of those that, as of yet, have not lead to gainful employment) I have decided to combine my love of baking (and food in general) with my daily need for some creative activity.

What better way to keep me together than working with the flakiest pastry in the kitchen, filo (or phyllo) dough?! So this is my challenge...to create an arsenal of recipes all utilizing that wonderful buttery pastry. From starters to mains and (of course) desserts, I plan on creating enough recipes to fill a book...and perhaps, at the end, I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment