Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Hollywood Mess (in a basket)

Hello! I hope your new year is off to a great start! 2013 finds me living with friends in the Hollywood hills and (still) looking for work! In honor of my current home, I've created my own take on an Eton Mess. My recipe is similar to Martha Stewart's but I made mine with fresh chopped mango and lime juice and served it in a filo shell. If you're lucky enough to live near a Trader Joe's  . . . they sell the perfect vanilla meringues to use in this recipe. Since I should be filling out job applications, I'll make this post short and sweet and end with a few pictures of the Hollywood Mess!



I used six butter brushed layers to make six full-sized tart cups . . . or if you're in a hurry just buy the pre-made ones from Athen's in the freezer section of your local grocery store.



 My over-baked (but still edible) tart shells!



A light and lovely afternoon dessert!

2 comments:

  1. You have three blogs! And I am now subscribed to all three. You know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! Gotta keep busy, ya know?!!

    ReplyDelete